Graduation Application Form & Fee
All MAcCHM, DAcCHM & DAOM students should plan to submit a Graduation Application Form & pay the administrative Graduation Fee at least two terms prior to their final term. (Due Friday of Week 1, Second-to-last term). The Gradaution Fee is applicable whether or not graduates participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony; there is no fee associated with participation in Commencement (see below).
Graduation & Licensure Planning Resources:
In addition to the Application for Graduation, each student must complete the Graduation Certification Form and Exit Survey within their final month of studies.
Contact the AOMA Administrators & Staff in the following offices, sending them this email:
"Hello, I am preparing to graduate this term, can you please notify The Registrar's Office that I have fulfilled all requirements in your department?"
- Student Services: Schedule and complete your Exit Interview by emailing Dr. Dami Tokoya, Sr. Director Student Services (email@example.com).
- Financial Aid: Complete your Financial Aid Exit Counseling at www.studentaid.gov, and email The Director of Financial Aid (Estella, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Finance: Email Natalie in Finance (email@example.com) to confirm no outstanding financial requirements due.
- Library: Return items and pay outstanding Library fees, and email Rita in the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm.
- Human Resources: Email TBD if you were a student employed by AOMA at any point (including work-study; not applicable if no employment with AOMA).
- Academics: Contact your Academic Advisor to schedule your final Portfolio Review (complete/turn-in Checklists 3/Herbalist, Level 2, 1, if applicable).
- Registrar: Complete the MAcCHM & Doctoral Graduation Online Certification Form
AOMA 2022 Commencement Ceremony: Sunday, September 18th, 1:30pm
Save the date for the 2022 Commencement Ceremony; at this time we are planning ot hold an in-person ceremony. Keep an eye out for sign-up instructions in March 2022.
Update January 19, 2022
Notes on Commencement:
AOMA holds one Annual Commencement Ceremony, previously in the Summer, reschedules to December for 2021's virtual ceremony, but will be in September in future academic calendars. Generally graduates walk in the calendar year they plan to graduate. 2020 and 2021 Graduates who participated in the virtual ceremony will still be eligible to walk in the 2022 In-person ceremony if they choose (and we are able to hold an in-person ceremony).
The AOMA Graduation Fee is a one-time administrative fee applicable for all graduates, independant of participation in commencement; there is NO FEE to participate in the annual commencement ceremony. (There is also no fee for transcripts to NCCAOM, your first state licensure materials, or your initial diploma).
Official Graduation Dates (on your diploma and final transcript) are usually the end of your final term, or the date that you completed all final graduation requirements (competency exams, portfolio submissions, make-up clinic hours) if later than the last Friday of the term. (The Commencement Ceremony date will not be your "Graduation" date).
Graduation Ceremony Contacts: Maxwell Poysor, Estella Proctor, Ashley Loyd
Diplomas will be released to graduates within approximately two weeks of their graduation date, mid January for Fall (December) graduates. Graduates will receive notification when diplomas are sent out in the mail or available for pick-up on campus.
For any reason that a duplicate diploma is needed, the Replacement/Additional Diploma Request must be completed and submitted with the fee, which can be paid online. Please be aware that due to potential changes in staffing, replacement diploma signatures may not match those on the original document.